Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Online Wagering just hit a serious speed bump

So Congress passed the online gambling ban on Friday night. It was a sad night for this degenerate. I have since pulled most of my money out of the various sites I used to wager and play poker. In the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, we as citizens are not "free" to choose whether or not to wager online . Bullshit!

Anyway tonight I put the last $55 in my sports wagering account on a prop bet for the Tigers-Yankees game. I bet that the game will be scoreless after the 1st inning. The bet will pay $40 if it hits. If it hits I will try to double again tomorrow.


Hopefully there will be a way around the US gambling ban. At the very least though, the reputable sites that are traded on the London Exchange and thus REGULATED (did you hear that Bill Frist?) will no longer take US bettors. Sites that aren't publicly traded will probably be more creative in dealing with US bettors.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess, but for now the party is looking like its over........

No comments: