Sunday, October 08, 2006

NFL play(s) 10-8

I only have one straight bet today. I like the Eagles and their aggressive defense to beat the Cowboys in the T.O. Bowl. Drew Bledsoe is probably the least mobile QB in the NFL. That's bad when you are playing the Eagles who sub in and out their D-line constantly and love to come after the quarterback. All the focus will be on the T.O. return, but I think the bigger story will be the Eagles D. Philly is also getting Lito Sheppard back today to help out in the secondary.

I'm taking Philadelphia -1.5 ($20).

I also have a 8 game 6 point teaser. I seem to have fallen in love with these teaser bets lately which is probably a bad thing, but this is a $10 bet to win $150. For the most part, I try to pick games that have lines close to 7 (making the game essentially a pick 'em) and take the favorite or lines over 10 and take the dog. Pretty basic. This week its all favorites.

Here's the teaser card:
Chi-3.5
Car -1.5
N.O. -1
Phi +4.5
Jax -1
Minn -0.5
SF +2.5
NY Giants +0.5

My luck has been running kinda bad lately so I'm hoping for good things today in the NFL.

No comments: