Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Belated NFL Weekend Recap

I had a shot at winning a little over 2.5 units on my 2 NFL parlays. Instead of letting it ride I decided to hedge my bet. Thank God for that. In order to win the 2.5 units I needed Atlanta to win by 4 or more on Monday night. In order to make sure I won some money regardless of the outcome I took New Orleans +4 for $110. Needless to say, New Orleans totally dominated the Falcons on Monday night and won by 3 scores. So I missed out on the parlays but won my straight wager on New Orleans. I ended up coming out ahead $90 on the game as I lost $25 on the parlays and won $115.50 on the New Orleans play. Gotta play it conservative.

My NFL teaser bet hit as well. While I described it as a "flat-out lock" in my earlier post, the Ravens game turned out to be A LOT closer than I anticipated. I had the Ravens -1 (with the 6.5 teaser points) and it took a late comeback by Baltimore just for that game to push. The other two games were easy covers. The Bengals won outright and the Jags covered the 12.5 points I was getting. That bet ended up paying $45.45 as a 2 game teaser with the push.

My straight wager on the Ravens (-4) missed. Charlie Frye played much better than I thought he would against the Ravens D.

So for the NFL weekend I ended up +$110.60. Nice!


In college football , my Notre Dame (-3) play pushed . This was an amazing game to watch. I thought ND was done about 15 minutes into the game. Somehow the Irish outscored Michigan 19-0 in the 4th quarter after trailing by as much as 17 points earlier in the game. The result...push, I'll take it. As for my other plays, BYU covered easily vs Utah St. but Rice failed to hold down the score in their game against FSU and failed to cover the 31 points. I will still bet against FSU if they are giving 3 tds or more. That offense needs a lot of help. On Friday night Nevada covered for me against Northwestern. Despite losing, Northwestern looked a lot better in this game and I wouldnt be suprised if they upset somebody in the Big Ten later this year.

For the weekend in College football I ended up +$47.98.

No comments: