Monday, September 18, 2006

NFL Sunday recap

Not a bad day. It could have been huge though.

My plays were as follows:
Straight Wager
New Orleans @ Green Bay Over 40 ($20)
Correct paid 18.18

Parlays
$10 on a 3 game parlay: Cincy -10.5, Oak/Bal Under 34, Ten/S.D. Over 37.5 (pays 6-1)
(2-0-1 ) paid $30

$10 on a 6 game parlay: Cincy -10.5, Atl -5, Det/Chi Over 32, Baltimore -12.5, G.B. +2.5, Hou/Indy Over 47.5
(5-1) paid $0

I missed the GB +2.5 pick in the 6 game parlay otherwise my $10 bet would have paid $465. Green Bay tied the game at 20 at the beginning of the 4th quarter and looked like they were rolling. I was beginning to think I had a shot as I watched the game on CBS Sportsline's gamecast. Then in the span of 30 freakin' seconds New Orleans scores 2 tds. At that point I figured I was done. Well, well, three and a half minutes later Green Bay has driven down and scored. Then the Packers D holds the Saints to 3 and out and Favre leads the Pack down to the New Orleans 30 yd line. Now I'm thinking "Damn maybe Green Bay ties this thing and wins on a FG in OT." 1st and ten....incomplete......2nd and ten..ah wait...nope incomplete...3rd and ten.......incomplete....4th and ten......yes you guessed it, INCOMPLETE. Game over and 4 and a half units out the window. Sucks for me.

So anyway, for the day I was up $38.18.
For the year I'm up $83.63 on the NFL
My win/loss record for the NFL is: (3-0 straght bets, 9-1-1 on parlayed games)

Hmmm, maybe I should be betting more NFL games.

No comments: