Friday, September 08, 2006

Poker last night

I played 3 SitnGo's at Partypoker last night trying to make a little scratch. First SNG was a $6 2-table, I hung around waiting out the fish but got clobbered on an AQ all-in. Finished tenth -$6 at that point. 2nd SNG was a $6 1-table, I didn't even bother to hang around here and got bounced out in 8th place. -$12 for the night at that point. People play waaaay tighter in 1 table SNGs than 2 table SNGs, not sure why this is but I've always found this to be true. Maybe better players play the 1 table SNGs than the multi-tables.

Anyway I needed to make up for my weak showing so for my third SNG, I chose a $6 5-table with a bigger prize pool. Finally, I had some success. First as I always do, I waited out the fishies, only playing big hands and high suited connectors. After about an hour we were down to the final table with 7 spots getting paid. I managed to double up through the overagressive chip leader, but ran into some trouble and ended up finishing 5th for a payout of $22.50.

For the night that put me at +$4.50. Better than nothin.

My poker total since I started this blog goes to +8.50 and the roll increases to $184.98.

Hoping to make a move this weekend on some college and pro football....stay tuned.

No comments: