Saturday, September 09, 2006

Movie and a SitnGo

I lost $6 on the SNG (5 table). I don't wanna talk about it, flat out awful play by me last night.

The movie however was pretty good. My girlfriend and I went to see Little Miss Sunshine. Pretty funny movie. I liked Alan Arkin as the whacked-out grandfather a lot. It was interesting to see Steve Carrell playing a serious role. After watching The 40 Year Old Virgin about 50 times this summer I have a hard time seeing Steve Carrell as anything other than Andy, the guy who thinks a breast feels like a "bag of sand." Anyway Carrell pulled the role off very well. The movie centers around a road trip taken by a dysfunctional family in their beat up VW van. Some of the scenes resonated with me as I can remember (mostly fondly) many family vacations where my family and my cousins would pile 13 deep into a giant station wagon (the Matador!) and head to various parts of the US. Ahh my long lost youth.

No comments: