Sunday, September 10, 2006

To Quote Ice Cube (as we all often do), I gotta say it was a good day

Today the NFL season began in earnest. The games started about 9 1/2 hours ago and I can still count the number of times I got up from the couch on two hands. Good day.

While my fantasy team did not fair well today, my wagers did. I had $25 on Philadelphia -5.5 at Houston. I know its the first game of the season, and the Eagles were pretty awful last year, but this one was too easy. The Texans put up a fight for about the first quarter, but soon realized that they were the Texans, and started giving up sacks left and right. The Eagles were subbing a lot on their D-line and the backups racked up two consecutive sacks on one series. Anyway Eagles win 24-10 with an impressive debut from Donte' Stallworth (who is from my hometown of Sacramento, nice job representin' Sac D-Stall!). That bet paid $23.81. Thankyou odds makers.


NOTE: As I'm writing this Plaxico Burress just made a second amazing catch. The first one was about a 40 yd pass where he tipped the ball to himself and caught it as he was falling down. The second one was for a td and Plax once again tipped the ball and made the grab in the endzone. The guy is using his size very well against Indy's smaller corners.

Anyway, my second NFL play today was a last-minute 2 game parlay where I took the Cowboys (pk) and the Bears (-1.5) for the first half of both games. The Giants ended up pushing when Jacksonville suddenly started playing like an NFL team at the end of the 1st half (as opposed to the Pop Warner team they looked like for the first quarter and a half). The Bears covered easily and my $10 bet paid $8 with the win and the push.

So for today's NFL action I'm up $31.81. Yesterday's college football plays netted me $36.09. For the weekend I'm up $67.90. Not bad.

I also won a whopping $1.20 on a $6 Speed tourney last night.

So the updated grand total for my bankroll comes to $258.08.
The breakdown:
Poker +$14.65
College +21.09 (3-1 straight bets, 0-2 on parlayed games)
NFL +45.45 (2-0 straight bets, 2-0 on parlayed games)

No comments: