Thursday, September 14, 2006

A rare baseball play

I'm feeling good about Kelvim Escobar pitching tonight for the Angels against the Rangers. I put down $25 to win $30, getting the Angels at -1.5. Escobar has been lights out for the past month with an ERA well under 3.00. Also the Rangers are sending out a guy who has given up 16 runs in 21 1/3 innings this year. I don't bet much baseball but this one seemed like a good bet for the night.

I also put down $10 on a 3 game parlay taking the Phillies (+1.5) at the Braves, the Twins (+1.5) at Cleveland, and (once again) the Angels (-1.5) playing the Rangers.

I think my indecision on tonight's West Virginia-Maryland game drove me to making a few baseball wagers this evening. I'm gonna watch the football game, but I could not make up my mind on who to take with Maryland getting 17.5 points.

No comments: