Saturday, September 23, 2006

Recap Mon and Fri games

So the Steelers went out and laid an egg on Monday against the Jaguars. That team did not look like a defending Super Bowl champion or a contender for this year's title. The offense looked completely out of sync. Ben Roethlesberger apparently has a new favorite reciever. Apparently he prefers throwing the ball to Rashean Mathis this year over Hines Ward cause every time I looked up Mathis was snagging a ball out of the air Monday night. One problem for the Steelers though, Mathis plays for Jacksonville. Maybe Pittsburgh can work out a trade in the offseason and start him at wide reciever. Anyway that was a dissapointing/boring game to watch and it cost me $20. That's just not cool.

So for the year in the NFL I am up $63.63. My win/loss record for the is: (3-1 straght bets, 9-1-1 on parlayed games).


In happier news, Nevada's miracle interception return for a td with 2 minutes left in the game got me a victory on Friday night. I was sweating this one big time, Nevada had the ball with a 3 point lead late in the game and I needed a td for them to cover the 7. They played it very conservatively and punted with a little over 2 minutes remaining. Northwestern took over at their own 20 and on 2nd down.....BAM...their QB throws an out that gets picked by the Nevada corner. He walks into the endzone untouched and Nevada covers! The team is happy, the fans are happy, and most importantly I won $45.45. Thankyou Wolfpack.

In the world of NCAA football this year I am up $55.17. My win/loss record is: (8-5 straight bets, 2-5 on parlayed games).


I need to look closer at the college lines for tomorrow. I will post my plays tomorrow morning.

No comments: